Monday, December 03, 2012

The Hall's 2013 Pre-Integration Ballot -- the results

The Baseball Hall of Fame has three new members -- longtime umpire (and player, and manager) Hank O'Day, Yankees owner Jacob Ruppert, and ancient player Deacon White. Congratulations to the memories of these fine men, and to any living descendents.

The ballot results (16 ballot cast, 12 votes needed for election, electors limited to 4 votes)

1t. Hank O'Day ...... 15 ..... 93.8%
1t. Jacob Ruppert ... 15 ..... 93.8%
3. Deacon White ..... 14 ..... 87.5%
4. Bill Dahlen ...... 10 ..... 62.5%
5t. Sam Breadon...... <3 ..... ≤12.5%
5t. Wes Ferrell...... <3 ..... ≤12.5%
5t. Marty Marion..... <3 ..... ≤12.5%
5t. Tony Mullane..... <3 ..... ≤12.5%<
5t. Alfred Reach..... <3 ..... ≤12.5%
5t. Bucky Walters ... <3 ..... ≤12.5%

I was in support of Ruppert and White, so no worries there. I also supported Dahlen, who at least made a good enough showing to stay out of the "less than three votes" gutter, and Mullane, who as a brand-new name was probably most unfamiliar to the committee. I expect we'll see him again if/when this defined ballot, or a similar successor, comes around in the voting cycle again. These ballots tend to clutter with retread candidates. I still don't see the big deal about O'Day, but he's in, and that's fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .

. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds additionally? I am glad to find numerous helpful information right here within the put up, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
Also visit my webpage : "how to write" lewis philips

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or
did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks
My webpage Credit Repair Reviews