Monday, February 12, 2007

A milestone, emphasis on the mile

My 1998 Honda Civic LX hit 100,000 miles this week. I'd been watching for it, looking... looking... and then got distracted on a trip around town and it rolled right on past. It was at 100,024 when I finally noticed again. Ah well; I don't really care that I didn't see the rollover moment. I know what a one and five zeros looks like.

Bought the car in March 1999, so it's almost eight years old, and I plan on driving it until it collapses (or we, as a family, outgrow it in practical considerations). It's due for some maintenance (not repairs) to keep it in good shape and going. It's been very reliable; I don't ask a lot of it -- errands around town, the occasional road trip, some aggressive but never insane driving -- and it has been a good car. I hope I'm still a long way from thinking about my next car; the Honda continues to serve us well.

No comments: