Monday, January 07, 2008

Passports redux

In my recent post about applying for passports for the kids, I didn't really harp on the return time -- quoted as 4 to 6 weeks, with horror stories of 10 to 13. With the cruise scheduled for March, I had the occasional frightening vision of waiting for the postman with the car running, hoping for one last delivery with the documents before dashing for Galveston. Would we suffer such a nailbiter?

No. Both passports arrived today -- turned around in under three weeks, and ones with several holidays included. While I expect this is because the background checks on a five-year-old and a two-year-old are trivial ("So, kid -- tossing spitballs in nursery school, eh? Did ten minutes of hard timeout for that one, I see. Hope you learned your lesson."), credit where it's due -- the DOS served its actions in impressive time.

Now if only their birth certificates make it back as well.

No comments: